Paymaneh Ritchie is the author of Hello, My Name is Oliver. It is available now on iTunes, Amazon and Audible.
Thank you so much for connecting with us today. We are excited to learn more about you as an author, and the story behind this book!
First, some particulars:
Your Name: Paymaneh Ritchie
Title of the Book you just produced with us:
Hello, My Name is Oliver
In What City do you live?
Please share with us your Author Bio
With a scientific and a business background, Paymaneh has been using Art as an outlet and a hobby for the past twelve years. Her passion for art and self-expression stem from her deep love for color and its therapeutic values. She mostly enjoys watching children create uninhibited worlds in their art and listening to others interpret abstract art. Paymaneh has a master’s degree in Biotechnology as well as diplomas in Clinical Research Associate, Holistic Interior Design and Interior Design. She is currently self-employed and enjoys writing children’s books.
1. What was your favorite part about listening to this book come to life?
Oh - Hearing ‘Oliver’s "human voice"
2. Whether fiction or non-fiction, books are truly inspired work from authors. What was your inspiration for this book?
My daughter. I wrote the story so we could read it together, laugh, cuddle and let her ask big questions like what is depression, compassions , anxiety and unconditional love!
3. Is your primary business writing? If so, what do you do for fun? If not, what do you do “in real life”?
I have a background in Biotechnology but have been working in the procurement sector for the past ten years. I love painting abstract / writing and creativity in general!
4. Many authors are not audiobook listeners by nature. Are you? Have you ever listened to an audiobook before your own?
No!! I never did, but I am converted now!!! Having a voice for the main character has astonishingly added a new dimension (literary and figuratively!) to this book!! I think this specially works well for children’s books. I absolutely love it!
5. When you were listening to your narrator auditions, what was it like to hear your book get voiced by different people?
I could not stop smiling!!! It was amazing to hear different narrators’ extra touches to words I had written. Very surreal.
6. What were you most worried about when starting out with this audiobook process? Did the worry happen or was it unjustified?
I was very nervous about ‘no-one’ getting ‘it’! I thought only the voice in my head could materialize the feelings associated with the written words. But, the auditioning narrators were brilliant, and within five minutes my only trouble was that I could only choose one!
7. And, in hindsight, was there anything that you probably ACTUALLY should have been worried about instead?
Not at all. I did my due diligence and had my concerns addressed first. I am positive we can manage any other unforeseen issue professionally as has been done so far.
8. Let’s talk reviews. Do you read your reviews and will you read your listener comments? What do you most like to see in the comments?
Yes I do. I answer all my emails and replies myself. I absolutely love hearing parents telling me that they laughed with the child whilst reading the book. Nothing compares to the purity of a genuine quality time we spend with our children. These are the feelings that remain with them.
9. Once a book is finished, then the work of marketing begins. What do you do to spread the word about a new release?
I use my social media, and intend to take Lexi, who now is a St’ John’s Therapy Dog, to work where we can help our community and promote this work as well. I hope we can start visiting elementary schools in September to promote mindfulness and Ollie’s fun book in its new format.
10. What advice would you give those who are thinking about becoming an author?
Pick up the pen!
11. What advice would you give authors who are thinking about doing an audiobook from their published book?
With the right narrators, you add a new dimension to your book, add a new audience platform and hear your thoughts come to life!
12. What was the best part for you about working with I’m Hearing Stories. Would you recommend I’m Hearing Stories to other authors thinking about creating an audiobook?
Yes! Highly recommended. We have had a very positive, educational and fun experience.
Top 10 Best Books You’ve Read In the Last Year. And in 10 words or less, Why?
A Wrinkle In Time
Brain’s Way of Healing
A Column of Fire
The Heart Goes Last
Two Years, Eight Months and Twenty Eight Nights
Fear of Flying
What the Dog Saw
Power vs Force
I read something scientific, then a piece of literature, then I catch up on child development, and then read a child’s book after that , repeat!! Keeps my brain going!
Top 10 Craziest Accomplishments You’ve Made. And in 10 words or less, Why?
Married for 23 years!
Learned to cook for my dogs
Learned to love myself as I am
Learned to ask for help
Have a well balanced compassionate daughter
Rescued 4 dogs
Survived a financial disaster in 2008 and live better now
Learned to say “No” sometimes
Went on a vacation by myself for no reason
Got a few degrees
Life is about balance, and this piece of information doesn’t come cheap!
Top 10 Reasons to Be An Author. And in 10 words or less, Why?
You only live once
Do something different
Maybe you can help someone?
Its an accomplishment like no other
Share your knowledge
Step outside your comfort zone
Change of career
Some do it for fame? (not me lol)
Its all about growth, accomplishment and vulnerability to me!
Top 10 Things I’d Do If I Get Ridiculously Rich. And in 10 words or less, Why?
Build an orphanage
Have an animal rehabilitation farm
Deal with Africa’s debt
Travel 10 months a year
Have a robotic dishwasher
Help needy family’s with housing
Have weekly massages
Get my Vet to come home instead of visiting his office
Buy a house in Costa Rica
Top 10 Reasons Authors Are Awesome. And in 10 words or less, Why?
Have the courage to self express
Open to share their ideas and stories
Open to criticism
They take risks
Sometimes they write for their own hearts
Generally well educated
No matter what your stand point in life, you can always learn something new once inside another’s head!
Diversity is the backbone of our global society
Authors add a new dimension to one’s life
Some take you away to lands unthought of !
That's awesome! Okay, Paymaneh. Thank you so much for your time today!